Message From Doug

Springtime in Atlanta

Back in 1998 we were scouting for a warm-weather satellite office far away from the seven-month winters of our headquarters in Michigan. 

My Dad, Barry, spent months criss-crossing the South and southeast looking for the right market to expand into.  Charlotte, Nashville, Atlanta, Raleigh, Birmingham, Asheville, Columbia, Key West (just kidding).
Once Atlanta made the short list, I joined my Dad on a few exploratory visits to this great city. 

On one of those trips we met up with a concrete contractor friend in Peachtree City.  We knew him through the Concrete Foundations Association, of which we were both members.  He told me that there were few places more beautiful than Atlanta at springtime.

“It’s a good time to be outside in Atlanta, whether that’s on jobsites or hiking trails.”

At the time I had (literally) been around the world and had seen many places.  I have to admit that I was skeptical when he first told me that.  I thought to myself, “Maybe he just hasn’t seen many other places.”  But over the years I have come to agree with our contractor friend.  There are few places more beautiful than Atlanta at springtime.

Recently I was interviewed for a live webcast at the
World of Concrete convention in Las Vegas.  You can
watch that interview here:
http://bcove.me/6yahqqlu

I was also hired by World of Concrete to give a
speech to over 90 attendees about marketing tactics
for contractors.  Attendees came from as far away
as New Zealand, Republic of Congo, and Jordan. 
I had a blast!
Spring brings new growth in many ways.  We are seeing that in the flora and in construction.  New homes are popping up like tulips.

New subdivision development – which we haven’t seen in years – is budding and producing new home lots.  (For more on that, read this article.)

It’s a good time to be outside in Atlanta, whether that’s on jobsites or hiking trails.  I hope you are able to do both in the near future.

Oh, and that contractor friend from Peachtree City?  Later that year we acquired his Marietta division and the rest is History.

To your success,